Welcome to Mountain Iron-Buhl Public Schools
Mountain Iron-Buhl’s mission is to provide a quality education through shared responsibility in a safe supportive environment for all students to meet the challenges of a global society.
We are “Committed to Excellence”, and we work hard to make the site a primary source for timely information for all users, and a main gateway for improved communication between parents, teachers, students and other members of our community.
CHECK IT OUT! Brainfuse Homework Assistance via HelpNow and Job Search help via JobNow. All you need is an Arrowhead Library System
card or your MIB school library card number to access the databases. Go
to: http://www.arrowhead.lib.mn.us/services/magazines/home to get started.
Mrs. Amy Hultman, school counselor, is at the high school on Mondays and Wednesdays only. You may reach her at 218.735.8271 x1007.
The high school office is open from 7:15am-3:45pm, Monday-Friday. You can reach Mrs. Williams, high school principal, at 218.735.8271 x1006; and Joyce Hansen, high school secretary, at 218.735.8271 x1005.
Announcements and important information may be found here and also on the 'Daily Announcements' (see below).
After school Study Hour (homework help) at MIB High School starts meets in Ms. Pershern's room from 3:15-4:30 every Tuesday and Thursday. A para and Ms. Pershern will be there to help students if needed during this time.
MT. IRON-BUHL PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 712
The Merritt Elementary School will be offering All-day Every-day Kindergarten to students in the fall. Registration will begin March 30, 2015, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. daily.
Please feel free to stop by during the times listed above to pick up registration forms. If you are unable to stop by Merritt Elementary and pick up the forms, or for more information, please contact Mrs. June Hill, Elementary Secretary at (218) 735-8271 ext. 2131.
**Kindergarten Sneak Preview**
Thursday, May 14, 2015
9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Contact Ms. Jodie Phaneuf, Coordinator, at (218) 735-8271 ext. 2113
MERRITT ELEMENTARY OFFERS:
- Small Class Sizes
- Computer Lab for Grades K-3
- All-Day Every-Day Kindergarten
- Highly Qualified Teaching Staff and Special Education Staff
- Interactive White Board in Every Class
- Library, Physical Education, and Music
- Facilities Include:State-of-the-art Auditorium with Programs Offered Throughout the School Year, Multi-purpose Room, and Multi-age Playground and Equipment
- School Nurse
- Nutritious Breakfast and Lunch Program
- Many Gifted and Talented Extra-Curricular Activities Offered Outside of the School Day Through Community Education
- YMCA Before and After School Care in The Merritt Building
Serving Families From: Mt. Iron, Buhl, Chisholm, Kinney, Tower, Cherry, Cook, Eveleth-Gilbert & Virginia
In order to attend kindergarten this fall your child must….
- Be five years old on or before September 1, 2015
- Provide their birth certificate (required)
- Have an Early Childhood Screening before Kindergarten as per Minnesota legislation
- Have an up-to-date immunization
- If you have any questions regarding immunizations, please call Mrs. Susan Johnson, in the Health Office, at (218) 735-8271 ext. 2102
Early Childhood Screening Mt. Iron-Buhl School District at Merritt Elementary
Dates: March 2, 2015 or April 13, 2015
Times: 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Please contact Mrs. Susan Johnson, School Nurse at 218-735-8271 ext. 2102 to schedule an appointment.