Welcome to Mountain Iron-Buhl Public Schools
Mountain Iron-Buhl’s mission is to provide a quality education through shared responsibility in a safe supportive environment for all students to meet the challenges of a global society.
We are “Committed to Excellence”, and we work hard to make the site a primary source for timely information for all users, and a main gateway for improved communication between parents, teachers, students and other members of our community.
The high school office is open from 7:15am-3:45pm, Monday-Friday. You can reach Mrs. Williams, high school principal, at 218.735.8271 x1006; and Joyce Hansen, high school secretary, at 218.735.8271 x1005.
Mrs. Amy Hultman, school counselor, is at the high school on Mondays and Wednesdays only. You may reach her at 218.735.8271 x1007.
Announcements and important information may be found here and also on the 'Daily Announcements' (see below).
MIB Archery Open House is Monday, Nov. 10 in the Merritt Elementary gym during conferences. If you are not familiar with the program, stop in and see what it's all about. If you or your child is unsure if they'll like archery, stop in and give it a shot! Registration and parent orientation for grades 3-12 will be Thursday, Nov. 13 at 7:00pm in the Merritt Elementary Multi-purpose room. Registration forms are available in the elementary and high school offices.
HelpNow/JobNow Databases are available now through Arrowhead Library Systems. It is designed as a student-initiated homework assistance service. It may not be used as part of school or class wide mandated assignments. See link on MIB website>ForStudents>Media Center>HelpNow Tutoring An ALS Library Card is required or contact Mrs. Ceglar. It includes the following:
- Homework Help: Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP and state standardized tests.
- Skills-Building:Choose state-aligned lesson and get real-time help.
- Personalized eLearning Tools: My File Sharing, My Session Replay, My Tutoring Archive, My Tests Archive, and more!
- 24-Hour Writing Lab: Submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback.
- Homework Send Question: Submit homework questions for expert guidance.
- Adult Learning Center: Access a library of rich adult learning content (GED) and live, professional assistance in resume/cover letter writing, U.S. citizenship prep, MS Office Essential Skills Series, and more!
- Foreign Language Center /Spanish-Speaking Support
After school Study Hour (homework help) at MIB High School starts meets in Ms. Pershern's room from 3:15-4:30 every Tuesday and Thursday. A para and Ms. Pershern will be there to help students if needed during this time.
Athletic passes - $25/student and senior citizen; $75/adult; $125/family. Passes may be obtained in the central office from Jean Smith.